Add your org
and engage a broader audience
Optimize Your Score
NGO ADVISOR scores, rates, and ranks NGOs from around the world. We aim to go beyond the status quo of NGO rate-by-star or IRS-driven services. As journalists, we independently review and rank NGOs using information that is or can be put on public records. No registration fee or formal application is required.
Using the NGO ADVISOR online platform, NGOs can enter our scoring and ranking process by filling out a questionnaire with up-to-date, publicly available data. From there, NGOs can decide to create a one-page profile designed to boost their visibility to potential donors, stakeholders, and researchers.
We believe that our transparent process and high-quality assessment uniquely engages the nonprofit sector by encouraging discourse about the impact and innovation of NGOs and by showcasing the best practices of NGOs around the world.
Create a Call for Action
The nonprofit world depends on high-quality information. So too does NGO ADVISOR. Because we use the highest-quality data available, we ensure that stakeholders, donors, researchers, politicians, and many others can engage with NGO work in a way that goes beyond funding issues.
The NGO ADVISOR platform allows NGOs to reach an international audience of philanthropists, humanitarians, and activists. When an organization creates a public profile on our platform, they create a call for action that invites readers from around the world to take part in their movement.
Our audience might explore our NGO rankings and organizations’ profiles for many different reasons, from volunteering to donating, reporting to research, benchmarking to creating long-term partnerships between NGOs. Our unique platform facilitates the delivery of high-quality information by allowing NGOs to update their records with the most meaningful data available.
Achieve a Higher Status
Filling out our free questionnaire allows your organization to be seen and scored in our assessment process. You can take your dedication to accountability and transparency one step further by choosing a paid NGO PRO Plan.
Opting for a PRO Plan may be challenging to your organization for reasons beyond the financial investment. By purchasing a plan, you commit to our investigation of your organization’s practices. Our rigorous review process ensures that your organization’s score and any resulting rank comply with our standards of excellence. This investigation allows us to confer an appropriate status on your organization. You also benefit from our platform’s record-keeping tool, which keeps the data in your profile up to date.
At NGO ADVISOR, we understand that financial statements alone cannot tell the whole story of an organization. Human impact cannot be separated from the story of the nonprofit, which is at its core a story of people.
NGOs with a Certified status have challenged themselves to demonstrate their excellence. We subject these organizations to rigorous review before granting them this status. In both words and numbers, Certified profiles show how organizations measure up in terms of impact, innovation, sustainability, and several other facets of nonprofit activity. Certified organizations also open themselves to critique, as their profiles feature “Our Opinion,” a short report of their work written by our editorial staff.
An NGO ADVISOR Certified PRO Plan is a display of trust, as any visitor to our website can see the organization’s information. Because PRO status conveys an organization’s commitment to transparency and accountability, we encourage Certified NGOs to advertise their status in communication and outreach efforts.
Choose your NGO Pro Plan
(0) All NGO PRO plans are a one-year fixed-term contract and are paid in a single yearly installment. The Certified plan costs 489 CHF per year. At this stage we are not able to offer monthly installments for NGO PRO Plans, which would introduce extra fees for users.
(1) Profiles belonging to Certified NGOs are visible to all NGO ADVISOR website visitors, including non-subscribers. Any visitor can access the information in Certified profiles, including all web features, contacts, and donating links.
(2) “Our Opinion” is a short column written by NGO ADVISOR editorial staff offering our analysis of an organization and its score. The information provided in this editorial column is harvested from the results of the NGO ADVISOR research and review process. This column does not contain promotional content, but rather represents our journalists’ unbiased account of an organization’s work. Organizations may not edit this column but are welcome to indicate if anything is erroneous by emailing our staff at email@example.com.
(3) Not all data records provided in the questionnaire will appear in an organization’s profile. For the best representation of your organization’s records, NGO ADVISOR recommends opting for the Certified plan.
(4) Note that NGO ADVISOR grants free access to rankings and profiles to the media in order to facilitate reporting. Free access is granted for a short period of time as deemed appropriate by NGO ADVISOR staff. We encourage organizations to provide up-to-date contact information on their profiles in order to respond to any questions from the media. We anticipate that this media contact should also be helpful for academics and researchers.
(5) Organizations are invited to insert links to their job postings, as we are often asked about opportunities.
(6) We encourage organizations to list this line of contact in their profiles so that foundations, philanthropists and partners can easily get in touch with the right person.