1959 – the Subud Human Welfare Trust was set up. Its first projects were the Brookhurst Grange Nursing Home (Surrey, 1958-1960), the Sushiela Community at Whatcombe House for Maladjusted Boys (Dorset, 1960-1968) and a Mobile Clinic in Jakarta. This initiative was renamed Yayasan Usaha Mulia (Foundation for Noble Work) in 1974.
1968 – the Subud Brotherhood International Foundation (SBIF) was registered in Geneva as the charitable arm of Subud.
1980 – an international office was set up in Windsor, England, and in 1984 SBIF changed its name. It became the Susila Dharma International Association with members in the UK, USA, Canada, Indonesia, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Venezuela and South Africa.
1989 – SDIA obtained accreditation at the United Nations through consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
1994 – SDIA registered as a US charity.
1996 – The position of joint Chair-Executive Director became a full-time position with a salary paid by two businessmen for a period of three years.
2000 – The SDIA Endowment Fund created with an earmarked donation of $12,000.
2001 –The SDIA leadership was split into two positions: volunteer Chair and paid Executive Director.